It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Patru utilaje acţionează pe Transalpina pentru a face posibila deschierea Transalpinei la inceputul lunii iunie 2017.
http://www.gds.ro/Local/2017-05-18/patr ... ansalpina/

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:15 pm 

Dear all!
I plan to visit the Transalpina road from the south via Novaci on Tuesday the 23rd of May, going north. Do I correctly understand that this is entirely impossible as the road is closed and preliminary opening will not be until June the 1st?

Is the entire Transalpina closed, or just the part between Novaci and cross road 7A, meaning that it is possible to visit Transalpina for the part north of road 7A?

Any input will be most welcome!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

SuperMek wrote:
Dear all!
I plan to visit the Transalpina road from the south via Novaci on Tuesday the 23rd of May, going north. Do I correctly understand that this is entirely impossible as the road is closed and preliminary opening will not be until June the 1st?

Is the entire Transalpina closed, or just the part between Novaci and cross road 7A, meaning that it is possible to visit Transalpina for the part north of road 7A?

Any input will be most welcome!

Officially it is closed between Ranca and Obarsia Lotrului, but if nobody will be there to stop you you can pass on your on risk . The snow was parialy take over from road but it is still high risk of stones that can came on the road, and in the morning you can find some ice on the road. You travel by car or by motorbike?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:40 pm 

Thank you for info!

We are 2 persons riding motorbikes! The plan is to enter Novaci by mid day (12:00 or so), meaning that the travel will be done during the later (warmer) part of the day.

We are both riders skilled by traveling gravel roads and roads with a lot of stones falling down from the hills.

So, except this part officially closed between Ranca and Obarsia Lotrului ,where we most likely will sneak through carefully and do the road, the rest of Transalpina is open for traveling?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

SuperMek wrote:
Thank you for info!

We are 2 persons riding motorbikes! The plan is to enter Novaci by mid day (12:00 or so), meaning that the travel will be done during the later (warmer) part of the day.

We are both riders skilled by traveling gravel roads and roads with a lot of stones falling down from the hills.

So, except this part officially closed between Ranca and Obarsia Lotrului ,where we most likely will sneak through carefully and do the road, the rest of Transalpina is open for traveling?

I am not sure what is the official status on the rest of Transalpina but the snow is totally melt from Obarsia Lotrului to Sebes or Saliste. Please drive slowly, you will have the temptation to go fast because the road is free but the risk is always present.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Caderi de pietre pe Transalpina / Stones falling down on Transalpina road

Attachments:
File comment: Caderi de pietre pe Transalpina Mai 2017
caderi_de_pietre_pe_transalpina_2017_1.jpg
caderi_de_pietre_pe_transalpina_2017_1.jpg [ 236.79 KiB | Viewed 825 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Caderi de pietre pe Transalpina / Stones falling down on Transalpina road

Attachments:
File comment: Caderi de pietre pe Transalpina Mai 2017
caderi_de_pietre_pe_transalpina_2017_2.jpg
caderi_de_pietre_pe_transalpina_2017_2.jpg [ 294.07 KiB | Viewed 825 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Zone fara asfalt pe Transalpina intre Ranca si Obarsia Lotrului Mai 2017 / Short parts of the road without asphalt between Ranca and Obarsia Lotrului.

Attachments:
File comment: Zone fara asfalt pe Transalpina Mai 2017
zone_neasfaltate_transalpina_Mai_2017.jpg
zone_neasfaltate_transalpina_Mai_2017.jpg [ 244.35 KiB | Viewed 824 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 pm 

Thank you for info and pictures!

From the obstacles seen in the pictures, they are nothing compared to what we have had for a week at the mountains in northern Greece! There you got plenty of obstacles of all kinds on the roads... :-)

What we see in the pics are no problems at all. Unless weather conditions change rapidly to the worse, the trip is GO! :-)

IF you like I can send a report with pics after Tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:38 am 

I'm also planning to do a cycling tour on the Transfagarasan and Transalpina
next week. I'll be on the Transalpina on the 30th so I'm closely watching all the news. Please do update us when you can. :) I'll also share some picture when I get back.

Have a safe trip!

SuperMek wrote:
Thank you for info and pictures!

From the obstacles seen in the pictures, they are nothing compared to what we have had for a week at the mountains in northern Greece! There you got plenty of obstacles of all kinds on the roads... :-)

What we see in the pics are no problems at all. Unless weather conditions change rapidly to the worse, the trip is GO! :-)

IF you like I can send a report with pics after Tuesday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206  Next